4.15.2007

New CD Review

1. Regina Spektor - Soviet Kitsch: Stick with Begin to Hope. I was recently told "Fidelity" is on heavy rotation on VH1. I was unaware of this. Because I am that cool.

2. The Decemberists- the one with "I Dreamt I was an Architect": It has "I Dreamt I was an Architect" on it.

3. The Decemberists- The Crane Wife: Not bad. They seem to be evolving. Ever so slightly.

4. The Dears- I am not sure what it is called: The have something here, but they aren't quite there yet.

5. The Fratellis: I am not a Goonies fan. Not that I don't like the movie, I just never saw it as a kid. But the iPod commercial made me seek this out. There is a reason Apple is using "Flathead." It is definitely a single worth paying $.99 for [sidebar- what kind of society are we living in where the "cents" symbol is no longer accessible directly through the keyboard?] but I promise you, you can live without the rest of the album. bonus points for using pinup girls for cover art.

6. The Cure- Wild Mood Swings: The only proper Cure album I didn't own. I got it for $2. It isn't as bad as you think. Well, except for "Strange Attraction"" [shudder.]

7. Modest Mouse - This keeps growing on me. "Parting of the Sensory" is a wonderful song. This is the carbon song.

No comments: